Your Trusted and Experienced Bariatric Team
Our team of physicians, experts and our bariatric community support and guide you every step of the way in your weight loss journey.
What is Bariatric Surgery?
*Please note that results vary person to person and are not guaranteed. Bariatric surgery is surgical weight loss to treat morbid obesity.
Bariatric surgery, commonly referred to as weight loss surgery, is a medical procedure designed for the treatment of obesity which results in dramatic weight loss. Bariatric surgery has been shown to improve or resolve many diseases and conditions associated with obesity including diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, arthritis and back and joint pain.
Every individual is different and there is no "one size fits all" procedure.
Our experienced specialists offer all of the most current, minimally invasive bariatric surgery options, and provide guidance on the best fit for you to achieve optimal results:
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastric Bypass (Roux-en-Y)
- Revisional Bariatric Surgery
- And other metabolic procedures.
Is Bariatric Surgery Right for You?
There are some minimal criteria you must meet depending upon your specific degree of obesity. These include:
- You meet the Body Mass Index (BMI) requirements of BMI of 40 or greater, or BMI of at least 35 plus a risk for serious health conditions as a result of obesity such as: type-2 diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, obstructive sleep apnea, cardiomyopathy, polycystic ovary syndrome or Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).
What is the Next Step?
We believe it is important you have all the resources to determine if bariatric surgery is right for you. The first step is to attend one of our free weight loss surgery seminars to learn about bariatric surgery in a safe, compassionate environment. This seminar gives you the opportunity to:
- Find out more about treatment options and surgical procedures
- Ask a bariatric surgeon questions
- Meet some of the support staff
- Hear testimonials from previous patients
The Bariatric Surgery Program at Pascack Valley Medical Center is accredited as a Comprehensive Center by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP®), a joint Quality Program of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). Pascack Valley Medical Center met essential criteria for staffing, training, facility infrastructure and patient care pathways, ensuring its ability to support patients with obesity. The center also participates in a national data registry that yields semiannual reports on the quality of its surgical outcomes and identifies opportunities for quality improvement. The MBSAQIP standards, Optimal Resources for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, are published by the ACS and the ASMBS.